Since 1946 The Dolphin Bookshop has distinguished itself as an independent bookstore for Port Washington, New York, a waterfront community on the North Shore of Long Island. This unique shop is a neighborhood gem which draws people from Manhattan to the east end of Long Island.
The perfect gathering place, The Dolphin has hosted book readings and signings by many distinguished authors and celebrities including Madeleine Albright, Len Berman, Susan Isaacs, Mark Teague, Cokie and Steve Roberts, J.K. Rowling, Eric Carle, and Tomie de Paola. The new, more spacious location has allowed for even more events such as kids' programs, book club meetings, fundraisers, poetry readings and concerts.
We look forward to being part of the Port Washington community for years to come!
Contact us with any questions or comments by calling (516) 767-2650 during store hours or email us at the following addresses:
- Monday to Thursday ... 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday ... 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday ... 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday ... 11:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- We will be closed New Year's Day
- Monday to Thursday ... 9:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Friday ... 9:30 AM - 9:00 PM
- Saturday ... 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM
- Sunday ... 9:30 AM - 5:00 PM
View Larger Map